Last Updated on February 26, 2019
So even though I knew there was something released for Flash CS3 today, it might not be too obvious when it comes to actually finding out about it and installing it and such.
Without further ado, what you should do:
- Make sure you have the right Flash Player, 9.0.2: http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html#902
- Install the AIR Runtime: http://get.adobe.com/air/.
- Install the AIR updater for Flash CS3: Windows | Mac [If you have updated before, scope out these update instructions] [If you’re running a non-English version, or want more info than the above, scope out the download page]
- Open Flash CS3. Now you’ll see the AIR document option on the Start page:
- Go to the Flash Dev Center (AIR for Flash) and Product Info / Showcase and for more info. There isn’t a whole load of info out there for Flash developers (or designers) yet – I reckon there will be though. I’ll try something basic out myself and put it up here.
Read this article: Sudoku on Adobe AIR: Migrating a Flash application to the desktop
And if YOU make something AIRish with Flash, please let me know! We really need some more Flash authoring examples up there in that showcase, and at any rate, your work will inspire others :)
“What if I’m using Dreamweaver?”:
If you’re looking for the Dreamweaver extension for AIR, you need to look in the… AJAX section. You can find the extension download here: